Saturday, October 08, 2005

summon-ed.

kena summon.

a good friend of mine from st pat's, ex-schoolmate, scouts, blah blah blah, has done the unthinkable. he summon-ed me to his wedding at the marina mandarin tonight. damn they are all getting themselves tied down.

first jem, now leonard, i mean its fine if it's my female friends, (coz at 28, a lot of them got them ticking clocks going at urgent speed) it's about right, mayyyybe a little late, (good and bad thing, princess might just say, oh to hell with choice and fall into me waiting arms, where she should have been all these 12 years.) but if the guys start this nonsense, then it's trouble man.

it means a couple of important things:

1) i fought me way thru that whole landslide of wedding invites from me female friends, spending a fortune on summons, only to meet head-on in this new batch of me bros getting hitched. wtf, how does a person save $ in singapore?

2) the guys are feeling that it is time. which is scary as hell.

is it time? i get the goosebumps midway whilst carrying my most adorable 18 mth, extremely precocious niece, (micky! i refused to call her by her full name, michaela) so sometimes have to transfer her back to dad while i reel from the thought of marriage and family.

on the other hand, i find myself screening potential dates with a most odd question: do i see myself marrying her? dam thinks i m nuts, but that's coming from a guy who's waist deep in marriage preparation course and on track to wed on may 2006 to princess's ex-schoolmate no less (haha a bonefide cradle-snatcher, he 35 she 28), so his comments dun count.

the people at work and the industry figure i crazy too with my catholic view on marriage and fidelity. (no no, a non-"havoc" catholic is not an oxymoron, yet) esp when i clam up when it comes to ktvs in shanghai. (lets just call it after-hours)

much to think about.

---
listening to: my mother f-ing me about me always wearing jeans.
reading: my friend's friend blog, female, very entertaining.

3 comments:

ericlow said...

huh? i catch no ball.

fey said...

Spammer la.

I know which friend's friend leh... *chuckles*

ericlow said...

hey! hush. :p