Wednesday, October 26, 2005

cartunes.

i love songs for the road. browsing through my ipod i find many of my favourite songs to have driving (driven) related themes or subjects. e.g. bic runga's drive, aimee mann's king of the jailhouse, van morrison's ancient highway, matchbox 20's rest stop, etc etc.

major cool.

major irony too coz i dunno how to drive.

but i'm always on the road. imagine a day's schedule stretching from tuas to kallang way, from battery road to yishun, ntu to suntec. i dun really mind it all that much, i do wish s.jobs comes out with a featherweight notebook, but am not complaining about my beloved ibook.

oh, got a cool quiz from blog-surfing some young jc girl's blog (purely intellectual and curiosity motives only, mind you.) whereby you set your ipod on shuffle or your mp3 player on random and ask it the following questions (my ipod answers beneath each question):

  1. What do you think of me?
    van morrison: "you don't know me (how f-ing cool is this quiz ?! major)"

  2. Will I have a happy life?
    abba: "the visitors (cracking up)" (f-er mocking me! so cannot man.)

  3. What do my friends really think of me?
    joni mitchell: "carey" (taken out of context, could this be taken to mean that i am CARE-y?)

  4. How can I make myself happy?
    elton john: "hercules" (i.e. exercise bro.)

  5. How can I make myself smarter?
    abba: "sos" (oh. this is not looking good.)

  6. What should I do with my life?
    aimee mann: "i can't help you anymore" (f-. my ipod has given up on me!)

  7. Can you give me some advice?
    glen campbell: "by the time i get to phoenix" (so i guess i'll have to wait?)

  8. What do you think happiness is?
    matchbox 20: "you won't be mine" (meaning my ipod has decided that my non-existent love life is a dead end?)

  9. Do you have any advice to give over the next few hours/days?
    allman brothers band: "one way out" (so not good for me loh)

  10. A song for me.
    joni mitchell: "chelsea morning" (oh yeah, i do have to wake early tomorrow.)

  11. A song for my friends.
    joni mitchell: "circle game" (ha, anyone who knows this song would freak out at the coolness of my contemplative ipod)

  12. What will tomorrow be like?
    van morrison: "ancient highway" (shall take it as a sign that i shall be exiting old mandai rd off kje tomorrw. or f-, be stuck there in traffic)

  13. What will next year be like?
    kathy mccathy: "living life" (whopee! could i be facing retirement at 29? or a holiday filled 2006? am keeping all fingers crossed and double knitted)

  14. Will I like my life?
    damien rice: "cold water" (hmmm... not a good thing no?)

  15. How will I die, I say morbidly?
    beautiful south: "dream a little dream" (wooo... dying in sleep, u call that morbid?)


joys emailed again today. to ask about her bills and stuff, about how i am coping with work, and where i'll be taking her when she comes back. it makes me a little eager for her to be back and it makes me miss her a little, just a wee bit. but i'm not breaking chairs and rushing to answer the email. i haven't even contemplated a reply yet. i guess given a little time, emotions can get numb.

it can only be summed up as a case of "i still miss her but i dun care anymore." it's an odd feeling.

listeningto: elton john: rocket man.
reading: jack kerouac: on the road (no la, am just re-rereading cetain parts.)


___

5 comments:

fey said...

"How can I make myself smarter?"

abba: "sos"



WAHAHAHAHAA!!!

ericlow said...

u cb. have you tried? i lifted this from one of your hc litwing's blog.

fey said...

HC Litwing has got NOTHING to do with me hor! Eh I wrote something that's friends-locked in LJ sign in to see

SOS SOS SOS! Wahahahha!!!

Amy said...

At least your ipod has a sense of humor. :-)

ericlow said...

u could say that sgsin! haha. did u try?