Monday, October 03, 2005

jambrake.

must jambrake. too much remix is screwing up brain. plus the brain pain has not subsided. the hamster one is still mind-numbingly painful, i think its hard to identify sincerely/truthfully with a hamster without finding it funny.

here's some work in progress:

****

Confessions

1. Perv

Of course I know your name.
You tagged it right
above your left breast
and let it tell.
You are the pixie pulling days
at the Penny Black
because your nights are fully booked.
You are the student packer at Borders
who confessed it down
Fantasy and Literature A to D
that you have lost it.
I am losing it, because
you are almost younger than legal
and you served me beer at Sunset Bay
in a red sleeveless with the word
Bilabong
stamped on your ass, brazen.
I wanted to make my offer,
but I guessed
you would have refused my name.

2. Priest

Father, forgive me,
I consumed the full view
of the plain thing on pew no. 10
left of sanctuary,
behind the posse of fat ladies
who feed me and
think all priests are angelic.
They believe I am staring at them
and bask in the pain of my smile,
winking me their dedications.
I'll win them no favors.
But if I could I would have
called her out from where ever I stood:
Ask her about life outside pew no. 10,
how far she goes for love,
demarcate her limitations
and what happens when she leaves
left from sanctuary.

3. 17

He broke me without ceremony there
and then at the foot of the bed
of a four by four room
on the fourth floor of a nameless hotel
someone recommended him.
Not so much the sex
or the way he tore
my skirt without formality
just the way he stares straight into me.
he offers nothing, not even his name
but days later at work, when I see him again,
a shiver between shelves
of books nobody buys to read.
I remember the silence of his sex.
Somewhere between the disapproval
of the taxi driver
who delivered us to nameless hotel no. 2
and the vampiric stab of his bite
I hear my mother repeating
"You are Catholic."
and then very little else.

****

i am obviously short a few stanzas. i am still figuring out the other characters. if u can't tell yet, the characters have to be linked together, or have relations. e.g. mother, or father.

any suggestions? taxi driver? hmmm...

listening to: ain't no sunshine by freddie king - one word: fierce.
reading: ariel by sylvia plath - and my fav feminist poem is *drum roll* "The Applicant" - good stuff.
also reading: fires by raymond carver - my fav poet, warts and all, bar none. philip levine comes a distant second.

__

1 comment:

fey said...

http://girlemancipated.blogspot.com/2005/09/great-singapore-novel-or-lack-thereof.html

Check this out dude :P