Thursday, November 24, 2005

yearning recovery. + narcissism

i must have been obviously depressed over the last few weeks.

my 2 business partners have been tiptoeing nicely around me and being very sweet. suggesting i take a break and stuff like that. last week's very fufilling meeting involved more of wtf i am to do in vietnam and i got to thinking maybe i'm being bumped off to viet for negotiations (both of them know that me and negotiations dun go very well, given my temperment) is more of light duties, r and r and to get over being burnt out, than real work...

scheming buggers, but... hey, no complaints here! :)

this week, with both of them out of action (reservist, shanghai) i am to control the guys alone. oh shit. despite what the industry thinks, i know i'm pretty bad at this business thing. i blame any progress on luck, and the general naivety of our competition. 'nuff said.

am feeling so drained by the end of the day (more like night). and still i can't cover the gaps. f- bunnies.

ah yes, at the bloody tender age of 28+++, i am admitting burnt-out status. tell me, in bold and underlined words; is there any hope of recovery for burning out?

writing wise, it's been fun. at least a few interesting projects. oh, am on narcissim eruption, am on lush 99.5fm, as in my poems, somewhere during the next 2 weeks or these 2 weeks, whatever. no money in it but the narcissistic allure of being read on air, even if it's some god forsaken time slot in the wee wee mornings is too much to ignore.

mind, i dunno, that confirm die die for sure for sure, that it'll be read out, but at least thats what the email from their pr/scripting firm (people) says so, so i guess so eh.

more importantly; sad to say, i'll like to know who's reading it. i've never even read them out myself.

tell if you hear. thks!

listening to: my brain clear itself of its clutter
reading: wikipedia - hopping.

2 comments:

fey said...

That Lush 99.5 woman took my poems, gushed at them and haven't told me when the fuck she's reading them lor *rolls eyes*

You coming down tomorrow? :D

ericlow said...

my colleague told me he heard them reading some already. the lush woman emailed & said these 2 weeks i think. so be patient. :)

oh ur hatchday celebration, sorrie disclaimer 1st i may not due to work. but will try to make appearance k? happy hatchday!i tink u'll be so drunk
tomorrow...