Thursday, December 01, 2005

annoyance.me.yes.

sometimes i get over-zealous, and come across as annoying. i can't see that till it smacks me in the head. *smack head*. ah... much better.

silver lining: at least i got some material for that essay i was supposed to do. will explain someday wtf am blabbering about. someday.

meanwhile, other irrelevant news:

- more letters (administrative) for joys have arrived in the mail. still no feelings about her coming back on the 23rd. time has truly numbed me.
- hired new guy.
- went home before 8 o'clock 2 days within this week. major big deal.
- am on unofficial leave starting this weekend till early next week. to clients, i am in "hongkong", in actuality - zzzing at marina mandarin with phone switched off.

***

Hands

A pair of hands joins,
becomes inseparable
even against oncoming traffic.
One pulls, the other,
in timid gulps of girly sounds,
follows its tug,
finding itself rescued from collision.
Then laughter.
Till that laughter
causes tears,
and one shakes off
the other’s hold,
I tried looking, couldn’t trace anything,
until much later where
there it was;
at the other’s cheek,
smoothening happy tears,
delicately with a sweep of its thumb
and laughing again.
From there it will return to
her waiting hand,
where they will stay and
wait together.
Possibly.
I smile in spite of myself
and unconsciously,
find my own hand
closing into a grasp
and lasping back into a fist.

***

listeningto: don mclean - empty chairs
reading: levine's the mercy.
__

5 comments:

fey said...

Haha!! Sly fox!!

ericlow said...

my tail is showing. oh, and it has changed location to meritus mandarin. so if u need a place to crash for the weekend...

fey said...

Yeah I'm soooo gonna need it. :P Does this mean obligatory tea session is cancelled, Mr-I'm-A-Sea-Away HK?

ericlow said...

what's wrong with tea at meritus? i got discount. btw i consider meritus part of chi-na and therefore related to hongkong. thus i am not technically lying.

fey said...

Lol! Wordsmith now eh? Ok lor, what time? It's 5 now and I'm only just going to bed